Wednesday, April 12, 2006

KT is AOK


The weather is changing here in Chicago and starting to warm up a bit.  But just when you get your sunglasses out, thinking the sun is going to prevail, the clouds close over and a storm seems imminent.  At the same time, however, the temperature doesn't decrease, and that leads to frizzy hair and grouchy Gab.

The balmy weather is also knocking me around a bit and I'm feeling quite tired as the days wear on in the lead up to Easter.  As my Mum has put it, cramming 5 days of work into 4 is surely enough to wear anyone out.  

So with the weather looking gross, and my eyelids drooping heavily, I was almost ready to pass up my concert tickets to KT Tunstall, the Scottish songbird whose "Other Side Of The World" was the anthem of my Scottish experience with Andrea.  

But Lexie met me at the theatre straight from her work, and if she was willing to go to that trouble, the least I could do was make the effort and show up.  And get my money's worth on the tickets too.

And I'm glad I did.  Memories of waaay too many days spent cruising in Betty's little Fiesta and us crooning along with BBC1 radio came crashing back once the opening chords of "Other Side of The World" started, and I really enjoyed KT's performance the whole way through. She even had a silver sparkly guitar which was something I'm sure that Pinky Tuscadero from Happy Days would have secretly coveted.  I just openly coveted it because it was very cool.  The fact I can't play guitar is immaterial.

When we left the theatre last night, the wind was positively vicious outside but the temperature was still 20 degrees celcius.  This sure has been a funny old week so far.  But with the exception of last night's concert, and tonight's party for the Lincoln Park Zoo Foundation, I'm just going through the motions until Katie and I jet off to Canada on Friday.  Canada Oh Canada, here we come, zoom zoom.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah KT and the Fiesta - it was like she was in the car with us trekking about the countryside - good times, good times.
It was worth it all even if that annoying presenter from BBC1 came as part of the package.