Thursday, March 23, 2006

What's the buzz, tell me what's happening

Katie and I are heading to Toronto at Easter time, and then she's coming to stay with me in Chicago for a few days before she has to return to Paris. Now I'm really excited about this because a)I've never been to Toronto before; b)I haven't seen Kate since July last year; and c)I get to show Kate my beautiful adopted home city.

But Option C has become tricky because there is simply so much to do here in the week after Easter, and I am not convinced we will be able to get to it all. There are so many restaurants I need to take Kate to. There are so many great theatre shows we need to see (though Monty Python 'Spamalot' tickets have already been purchased woohoo!). And just thinking about the number of cocktail bars we need to frequent makes me thirsty!

So my thinking cap is on, as I scour the Chicago social pages to find the absolute-must-see events (as distinct from the blah 'must see' events) so that Kate and I can run ourselves absolutely ragged and emerge a lot richer for it.

3 comments:

kilabyte said...

Having seen some of Katie's hijinx and knowing yours, I am now getting a bit worried. Let me just say, make sure y'all health insurance is up to date, remember you're a Catholic (and Sr Jill is "watching") and remind Katie that as parents we have our ways of finding out if you have been naughty or nice.

Hey Reggie, at least you're safe from their influence .... will also give your liver some time to recover from your last "outings" with the Gabster, and Katie.

Parisienne said...

I so can't wait. I feel completely ungrateful about not wanting to go to Verona for a week for work on Tuesday but everyone keeps saying how horrible and exhausting this competition is that I am going to. I am totally hanging out for a holiday and cannot wait to see Miss Gabi again. Busy on holiday is excellent. Busy at work? Not so much!

Don't worry about us Mikey and Rae, we will be good as gold ;)

PS: liver damage is totally in in Milan right now...

Anonymous said...

"What's the buzz, tell me what's happening.

Why should you want to knooooow, don't you care about the future?"

la la la

Loved that stage play! :)