Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The Caped Crusader, You Ain't


Batman
Originally uploaded by opk.
Some people are very inconsiderate public transportation patrons, don't you think? I've already commented a few times here about The Sniffers, those irritating people whose sinuses react badly to the cold Chicago air, but who still don't have the forethought to carry Kleenex. Yes, you know who you are.

But on this morning's bus journey, I encountered a different breed. Yes, I met Batman. Not the Caped Crusader, he of underpants on the outside of his trousers (though I'm sure I'd meet someone like him on a 3am Saturday morning bus trip!). No, this 'gentleman' was reading his novel, with his elbows sticking right out like bat wings! And when I sat down next to him, he refused to stick one of his 'wings' back in so I could read too. So my book stayed in my bag, and I enjoyed his elbow sticking into my ribs for the entire journey.

I didn't say anything because I was too aghast that he didn't even notice he was doing it. Who doesn't notice when they're jabbing another person in the guts? I hope his book sucked.

1 comment:

kilabyte said...

Next time you could jump up and scream that he is invading your personal space and that he has assaulted you by touching your person. I'm told yankeeland is the most litigious country in the world ..... wanna make a quick 40 grand????