Friday, December 30, 2005

I resolve not to make resolutions

I am never drinking again.

How many times have I made this resolution? And equally, how many times have I broken it? Well I swore this again to myself this morning, as I hauled myself into work after 3 hours sleep. A big night on the town with one of the new guys at work, and a foolish reunion with my arch nemesis, Jack Daniels. A hazy, crazy evening and very red eyes this morning. Not at all pretty, but at least my boss is off sick with a dreadful headcold and isn't here to see me crawling on the floor to the ladies room every two minutes.

And the fact that I'm 28 years old means I should know better, right? But how does that saying go? Old enough to know better, but young enough to do it all one more time.

I'll drink to that.
But seriously, with New Year's Eve tomorrow, resolutions are on my mind. Should I make one? I am not going to fool myself into giving up chocolate or drinking, or vowing to lose weight. I never keep those corny resolutions and then I berate myself for months afterwards for not sticking to my plans.

So perhaps for 2006, I will simply resolve to keep blogging. And perhaps staying away from Jack Daniels for a while. He is a bad, bad man.

Happy New Year to all!

1 comment:

kilabyte said...

Happy New Year Gabster !!!!! Wot's a few brain cells between friends anyhow ..... they were probably ones you weren't using anyway (map reading skills???) :-)