Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

Kudos to Peter and Jess for this great photo, and a shameless plug for their Swiss blog besides!

Outside my Chicago apartment, it is minus 4 degrees Celcius. And to breathe the air makes my lungs constrict, which doesn't feel all that pleasant. So I said 'phooey' to any kind of social life for this evening, and have opted instead to don track pants, ugg boots, and a sweater (one of my only Americanisms to date) and enjoy a hot coffee and an online surf.

Sounds like a good evening to me, particularly given that tomorrow morning - THIS is the kind of scenery I'll wake up to. My street will be coated in soft white powdery snow, and slippery bits of concrete just waiting for me to step on them. And there is no respite from the snow expected until late Friday night, so it's scarves and thermal undies all the way, my friends.

Soak up the sun Down Under - and please don't tell me anything about it. But if anyone wants to lobby Peter Alexander for some freebie flannie PJs for me, I'd be most grateful.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You knwo I read that quickly and thought you ment Alexander Downer - why would he send jimmies? I need a drink I think, help me see straight beacause the eye glasses aren't working