Thursday, October 27, 2005

Pay rent or get out!


pede4
Originally uploaded by mthw.
I have been living in Caroline's house while she's been in Washington and, up until this morning, I thought I was doing so alone.

But then THIS creepy critter launched itself at me from the bathroom ceiling. Fortunately this is a G-rated blog, so I can't transcribe the array of noises I emitted at the discovery of my multi-legged roommate. But needless to say, he scuttled up the bathroom wall quicker than I could grab my shoe and wallop him.

I respect the concept of karmic retribution enough to know that I shouldn't indiscriminately squash bugs. But I had never seen a creature like this before. For all I knew, it could have fangs, or poisonous spurs, or spit fire darts. The most menacing thing it DID do (other than scare the crap out of me), was to stare at me from its new home above the showerhead.

If it drops on me tomorrow morning, I'm going to send it to a watery grave faster than its 100 legs can carry it.

That is all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sqz me why u stealin images from my boy mthw. callin da poliss atm.