Thursday, October 13, 2005

Insert evil cackle here


holloween
Originally uploaded by Kicking Designs.
No prizes for guessing which of the quintessential American events is coming up....

There is no mistaking the fact that Halloween is nearly upon us. Notwithstanding the fact that I have to get through my first Thanksgiving beforehand, the stores are packed floor to ceiling with spooky merchandise.

There are hairy spiders hanging from the rafters; inflatable witches circling above cash registers; and dracula fangs aplenty.

I don't know if I go in for all of this Halloween malarkey. I wonder whether in this day and age, parents still allow their kids to go 'trick or treating'. That remains to be seen I guess.

Still, I'm lucky. Fortunately for me, Caroline's place is like a fortress and no Augustus Gloop wannabe is getting past the front gate. Unless some softie in this complex has given him the code, that is. Must check that.

No comments: