Saturday, October 22, 2005

Ghostly Night Out

Chicago is gripped by Halloween and it's quite funny because I'm not quite sure what I'm meant to do.

In the midst of my apartment-hunting exercise, I pass all manner of grocery store and clothing shop whose windows are decorated with any manner of cobweb and/or jack-o-lantern.

So tonight's sojourn to the Ghost Bar suggested some sort of freaky visit to a place where grown men dressed as Frankenstein or Dracula.

Sadly, in a way, this was not the case.

I went out - AT MIDNIGHT NO LESS - to one of the coolest clubs in Chicago. Called "The Ghost Bar", it is a haven for cool music, ultra modern decor, and not altogether bad music. Plus the barman is a friend of my friend, so we got free drinks.

I found it amusing to explain to the American barman (very cute - by the name of Ryan) how to make a vodka, lime, and soda. Very complicated list of ingredients haha.

But hey, I was getting free drinks, and I was in one of the coolest places in town. Did I argue? Hell no.

No comments: