Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Five, Six...Pick Up Sticks


Juggling
Originally uploaded by Sean Stayte.

You know those days in the Office where everything you touch turns to crap? Welcome to my life today.

I really did just drop my bundle today and even had to do the "count to ten" thing to relax myself and not work up to anything. I was just frustrated with myself I guess. I don't remember things like I used to - dates and names are getting all confused in my head.

I am having a tough enough time remembering where I live, and my new cell phone number, and the code for the work security doors. Names, telephone numbers, and systems are the last things I can retain right now. But thank you Jem for suggesting that I remind you of Goldie Hawn in "Protocol" - she was competent eventually, right?!

Fortunately the source of today's frustration had nothing to do with people in my Office, so that is something. In fact, the people in my Office are super supportive. I admitted to one of the girls that I felt like I was losing it a bit, and just needed to systematically get things done. Last seen I found myself invited to her place this Friday for drinks and perving at her cute neighbours. Nice one.

Don't worry about me, I know what it is. It's the fact that it's been so long since I juggled multiple work-related tasks. Perhaps I'm just a bit rusty...but give me plane schedules, bus timetables and hotel bookings - all in French, with no maps provided - and I'm your gal!

As they say in the movies, this too shall pass, and tomorrow is another day. Of course, I've always preferred HASTA LA VISTA BABY but that's just me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you build it he will come

Anonymous said...

If you want him, come and claim him

Anonymous said...

I just......ate a bug!

(my favourite - along side the "I was the emu")

Unknown said...

Androooo, Androooo - I smell hair

God bless Goldie Hawn. Let the silliness continue, I say.

Anonymous said...

ba ba ba ba ba ab ab ab



hahahaha