Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Su e giu

We have arrived in Southern Italy and I am typing this from an English pub on the main street in Sorrento...go figure. Outside, Mum and Dad are talking to a couple from Adelaide who are on a cruise that has docked in the harbour, so we are learning how the other half lives.

We are staying in convent style accommodation and only 1 nun there speaks English. I am communicating in broken Italian with the other nun who has taken quite a shine to me. Perhaps trying to convert me, she has given me cards with saints on them, and a Catholic magazine to read. I am not looking forward to telling her I dont want to join her order. Still, the breathtaking view from our accommodation over the Gulf is making me think twice.

Off to Capri tomorrow and then Pompeii the day after. It is an exhausting trip so far, but I think that has more to do with the warm weather, comforting food, and thirst quenching local wine. Feeling sorry for us yet?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You met Adealidians - never happens! Look out for Dick and Nazza in Pompeii and don't forget your fur.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are all safe and well. Barkely is fine - stinky but fine. George is fine - stinky but fine.
Me? I'm amazing! :)

Still haven't received your post card yet but I know you are probably very busy finding Italian shoes for me!

Your pictures are my holiday so take heaps of photos and look forward to seeing them when you get back.

Unknown said...

Easy ladies, the shoes will be mine first and foremost. Anyone who wants my limited edition stinky walking boots is welcome to them.

This holiday is proving to be hot, humid work.

But Florence is fab.