Saturday, September 17, 2005

Going With The Flo


Florence
Originally uploaded by Miss Gab.
Made it safely to Florence, courtesy of the Eurostar rail network.

Found accommodation near the train station, but in a quiet side street. We have a room that fits all four of us (two single beds and one double) and, though the shower leaks all over the floor, I think we will be happy here for the next few days.

Spent this morning at the Accademia, catching up with my boyfriend David. Sadly I have to share him with the rest of the world, but I still thought it was important to pay him a visit. After all, he is celebrating his 500th birthday this year.

After a restorative and early lunch, we headed to the Ponte Vecchio, to browse the jewellery shops. And I mean browse. Mum promises to lend me the €780 I need to buy a brooch I like, which is nice. And also a joke.

Crossing over the River Arno, we walked up the biiiiiig hill to the Piazzale Michelangelo. It was from this vantage point that I took this photo earlier in the year.

Now that we are substantially footsore, we are headed back to the hotel for an early dinner and rest. Tomorrow we are off to the Uffizzi, which will be more sensory overload so an early night is required.

Am loving it here, like always, and I am so pleased that my family is enjoying it too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Florence has serious plumbing problems - the city is plagued with leaky showers, well just downright dodgy showers really, glad you managed to find another of them!
Did you try the hot chocolate soup again or at least visit your real live boyfriend at his cafe?

Unknown said...

Picked up a toothless man at Naples train station, and figured you had sent him!!