Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Wanna know a secret?




I love a good conspiracy. The idea that there is a secret society, even a political one, out there scrambling to cover up wrongdoing intrigues me.

And who wouldn't want to be a fly on the wall when there is a cover up required? Think about some of the mysteries from the last 60 years. In our society, knowledge is power - and who wouldn't want the inside story on these:

  • Who really killed JFK?
  • Was the 1969 moon landing faked?
  • Was Princess Diana murdered?

If I was chosen to solve one lingering mystery of the 20th century, it would be the death of Marilyn Monroe. Though she passed away 43 years ago, the recent release of psychiatrist tapes has re-ignited the 'Murder vs Suicide' debate. I've read books that argue the case for both sides, and I'm shrieking with the 'murder' banshees. I guess I'd just like to go back in time and get conclusive proof of what really happened. Michael J Fox in 'Back to the Future' taught me that changing anything in the past really alters the future, so I'd be careful not to play with the space/time continuum.

But maybe in seeing what really happened, I would be able to determine whether the dark forces at play in the Marilyn's life (and ultimately her death) were real, and not in her mind after all.

No comments: