Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Betty's Marvellous Medicine


Continuing my gastronomic tour through Scotland, last night I watched as Betty produced a gooey tray of Scottish tablet. As you can see from the picture, tablet is a fudge-type sweet made entirely of sugar, and assorted sugary products. I don't think there is a single bit of goodness in the whole block.

A recipe can be found here, if you're brave enough to try it for yourself.

I could definitely be persuaded to take two of these tablets and call my dentist in the morning!

And before you say it, I can see that I'm slowly becoming Little Sally Homemaker. I know, it scares me as much as it scares you. But as Gab plus boiling sugar do not go together, I figured I should watch the experts at work and enjoy the fruits of their labours. And I did.

No comments: