Monday, August 15, 2005

James who?


My friends over at the ABC's media blog, The Shallow End, have informed me that Hugh Jackman has said "thanks but no thanks, mate!" to the three-film deal to play James Bond.

While I am actually very pro-Jackman and think that he would have made a smashing Bond, I am ultra pleased that this leaves the way open for my personal first choice. I've lobbied before and I'll lobby again.

This is Gerard Butler. You may remember him from such films as "Phantom of the Opera" (that was him under the mask), and "Tomb Raider 2" (can't remember the name of his character but that's not the point).

To the producers of the James Bond flicks, please don't discount Gerry B. He's already wearing the tux - and how! - and he's got that adorable Scottish brogue that will make many a femme fatale weak at the knees.

I don't ask for a finders fee on this occasion, just a three film deal to play Moneypenny. Ahem.

No comments: