Thursday, July 21, 2005

What's up, Don?


My library made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

The copy of "The Godfather" was on the shelf when I called in to return some books the other day. I've never read the book, and I've never seen the films (sorry, Adam - I know they're a favourite of yours). But I'm redressing that now. I've jumped headlong into it, and am so far really enjoying the seedy criminal underworld of 1940s America. I love it so far.

My holiday reading has been really diverse. AB's about to get stuck into the latest Harry Potter instalment, but that's not really my thing. Instead I've been reading those good-for-a-weekend-but-won't-change-your-life romance novels and books that would make good 'chick movies'. Nothing high brow need apply.

And so Don Corleone and his ragtag family of fun loving criminals makes a nice change. Easy to see that I'm only about 5 chapters in, huh? I hear this book gets pretty nasty in parts and I can't wait.

No comments: