Thursday, July 14, 2005

Lights, Camera...then what?

I've been reading the Internet Movie Database with a vengeance this week, quietly smiling to myself at the thought of Mr Depp about to hit my screens as Mr Wonka. Can't wait for that. My love of Roald Dahl, plus my devotion to Johnny Depp, plus my admiration for Tim Burton will make Charlie and the Chocolate Factory a heavenly coupla hours for me, I think. Something tells me Kate is going to see this one a few times.

Another movie I'm waiting for is Madagascar, and I don't need to wait long - it's out tomorrow here. From Spielberg's DreamWorks stable, home to the lovable ogre Shrek, the film features the voice talents of the fabulous Ben Stiller, among others. I'm a big fan of animated movies. My sister and I went through a big stage of buying up Disney movies for their timeless appeal and old-fashioned romance and musical numbers. Love it.

It's a good time for a dreamer like me to be going to the cinema. I couldn't watch a REAL movie if I'd wanted to. In the UK anyway, it's all about the Fantastic Four, Sin City, Star Wars et al. Not that I mind one bit; after all, escapism and butter popcorn are two of my favourite things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will love Madagasca, Di and I went and saw it a few weeks ago. Sooooo funny. You'll love the penguins.