Friday, July 29, 2005

Dangerous Curves Ahead


While I've been mulling over my job prospects this week, I have been visiting a whole range of job-related websites and recruitment agencies. Verging on desperate at times, I have been entering some rather un-Gab criteria into the search engines.

As a result, I've been browsing the ads placed by people looking for a nanny/au pair to their little darlings. I know, I was as shocked as you are. But sure enough, I was actually reading these ads with some degree of interest. And one of the ads was just priceless.

Placed by a French family, the ad was seeking a person (qualified or not) to look after their two young children. Based in the UK, for the most part, the post would also include some travel to France (mostly) for holidays.

But the best part? Applicants were warned that the family embraces nudism and predominantly vacations at nudist resorts. Anyone wishing to apply for the position was requested to be 100% comfortable with that lifestyle choice.

Sorry to disappoint, folks, but I did not apply. And it's not because I have anything against people in the buff. Oh no. Whatever floats your boat, I say. My reasons for not applying are far more practical than prudish.

I'd venture to suggest that seeing your boss in the nude would signal a rather unconventional employer/employee dynamic, don't you think? And I'm almost certain that once you'd seen your boss's bits on holidays, he wouldn't have any qualms about getting his kit off around the house. It's only logical. And I just don't think I could work like that. Even with the central heating.

Vive la difference!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And having to put up with the brats is a negative as well. Been there.