Monday, June 27, 2005

Woo-cha!

Yes, that is the sound I have been making consistently over the past week as the pollen, cut grasses, bugs, bits of wheat, and mixed perfumes waft through the air and into my nostrils. The noises I'm now making have progressed from a bunny-sounding (and rather conventional) 'achoo', to a belly-shaking and wall-vibrating WOO-CHAAA.


It sure feels good afterwards though.

Along with the usual hayfever symptoms of sneezing and perpetually blowing my nose, my eyes are itchy, so I'm squirting Scottish eyedrops in them at an alarming rate. At least I'm not alone though - my worksite resembles a hospital ward of bubonic plague sufferers - each person sniffing and snorting worse than the last. I am in miserable company but, at the same time, it's strangely comforting. Group hug, people.

No comments: