Monday, June 06, 2005

Call of the wild


Who ya lookin' at?
Originally uploaded by Computer Science Geek.

I am still amazed at the fact that I am living in the country. I know a previous post commented on how well I thought I'd assimilated into rural life by no longer staring open-mouthed at the cows and sheep accommodated in neighbouring fields.

But the weekend saw us travelling the windy country roads of adjacent neighbourhoods, and I think both Andrea and I were marvelling at how 'clean and green' Scotland really is. At least our little pocket of Scotland, anyway.

Did you know that if the cows in the paddock are lying down, that rain is expected? There you go - a bit of trivia.

But before you worry that I'm going to want to get back to nature and start my own dairy or something, fear not. I long for the smoggy air of the city, and the convenience of take-away coffee and cheap Indian food. Buses, trucks, pedestrian crossings - that's my usual fare.

Oooh and guess what? I visited Tesco, the uberchain of UK supermarkets and (sadly) contributed to the multi-squillion dollar empire by purchasing a few necessary pantry items. Tesco has so many product lines, my head nearly exploded.

And the best bit? Big jars of Vegemite and packets of caramel timtams. Love it.

No comments: