Wednesday, March 16, 2005

The Alps beckon

Tomorrow we are off to Switzerland, ahead of the Italy journey that will then bring us back to Paris. Confused? Me too.

We've decided that our first day in Switzerland will be spent on the train, commuting from Paris to the Swiss capital Bern, via Lausanne. We've got two days in Bern (weather forecast looks good), and will most likely catch up on sleep and do a bit of sightseeing. Please cross your fingers for me that we're not in Switzerland at the wrong time of year - I don't think I could take it again.

After Bern, we catch the train back to Geneva to spend time with Peter and Jess Gardner, and then into Italy - where I can FINALLY get a decent coffee. Looking forward to kicking back in a kerbside cafe in Italy, with a biscotti and a coffee. How lovely does that sound?

So until I check in here again, take care of yourselves and be good.

No comments: