Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Nerd is the (cross) word

Greetings blog-fans, apologies for the delay in transmission; however it now seems I am wired (or is that 'weird') once more.

This is my second week of holidays and given that we were only able to resurrect our blessed internet connection tonight, I have had to spend the intervening time amusing myself like the colonial pioneers. That's right, I have become addicted to crosswords.

A few years back I experienced a similar fetish for Tetris and I played that to the point of obsession. When I closed my eyes at night, or in the day to be honest, I saw little coloured squares, moving into perfect alignment and creating seamless rows upon rows upon...well, you get the idea.

And so it is with this current love. I close my eyes and I see grids. White squares within which to place letters, interspersed by solid black squares, making definite divisions between the words. Ahh it's all such perfection. It makes the anally retentive geek in me want to twirl on a mountain-top, Julie Andrews style.

But I digress.

Hmm, digress - good Scrabble word and evidence that the crossword addiction is proving a thumbs-up for my vocabulary. Look out world.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Man - you are so going to walk all over me with travel Scrabble, unfair advantage I say!!