Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Daytime TV

Even with the return of students to a new school year, the television networks are slow to reinstate quality program. I say that like there was quality programming BEFORE school holidays. My bad.

My crossword addiction is not helped by the absence of "Fresh - Cooking with the Australian Womens Weekly" from my screen. In fact, it is being exacerbated by each network's tendency to re-run the biggest load of balderdash I've ever sat through. Where are the quality midday movies? Or where are the midday movies in general?!

Okay I appreciate that Channels 7 and 9 are still basking in the afterglow of summer tennis and cricket screenings. Fair enough. But on behalf of all the overweight couch potatoes out there searching for the remote, I beseech thee: Have Mercy!

And no, I am NOT going to buy Foxtel so quit asking.

No comments: