Monday, February 21, 2005

The Human Lasagne

I remember a friend telling me about a shopping expedition to Kookai (aka the House of Polyester), to be told that layers were the fashion trend du jour. Even at the time I was unconvinced, believing instead that like all fashion fads, layers weren't for everyone (think "Michelin Man" effect on anyone whose physique does not resemble a stick insect).
But in my typical 'style', I'm latching onto the layering thang, albeit a few years late. I mean, how else am I supposed to take all the beautiful things from my wardrobe and fit them into that dinky little suitcase? I'm sure Chanel would agree - if you can't carry it, wear it!
No, it won't come to that. I am seriously going to have to leave some wardrobe treasures behind. One black suit for job interviews or funerals, or if nothing else is clean, and then casual stuff for everyday wear.
Even though I'm wearing daggy tshirts, I've decided not to sacrifice glamour completely. Top shelf underwear (in case of any encounters with paramedics), and Donna Karan perfume are going to be in my suitcase no matter what. Some things a girl just cannot compromise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You left your DKNY perfume at home. I saw it in your wardrobe.

Anonymous said...

phill wants to know more about the top quality underwear (not the bombay bloomers u usually wear)... and he wants to see some pics..!