Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Foul is not fair, it is simply fowl

For the last two nights running, I have had a dream about caged birds. Both dreams have been quite disturbing actually and, upon waking, I have felt rather uneasy both mornings.

The first dream was about biological warfare and terrorism, I guess you'd say. I was in a posse (yes you read that right) and we were feuding with another posse of people about my age. We did something to them (which my subconcious won't let me remember) but, in retribution, the baddies unleashed flesh eating ants in our aviary and the ants only ate the heads of the budgies we were keeping in there. When I discovered what the baddies had done, I raced to the bird cage to find some of our birds still okay, but others had holes where their heads should be. And right across the perches and branches inside the cage were these flesh eating ants, and one massive fluoro blue dragon fly. Weird.

Last night's dream was more mundane, in the sense that it was set at home and I was in my room. I heard a commotion outside, so I split the wooden venetian blinds a little so I could peek outside. Where our little shed is outside was actually an aviary in my dream. I realised at this point in the dream that I was living in the bush, and we had exotic native birds in our cage (lorikeets and stuff). I saw that a thumping great big pink cockatoo had somehow trespassed into the cage and he was giving me the evil eye. Well, the light from my bedroom reflected in his eyeballs making them glow at me. So I went outside to investigate how he got in. When I peeked over the door to the aviary, I could see a dirty human foot stuck around the side. Someone was sitting on the floor of our aviary, with their back against the door. I didn't know who it was so I screamed for Jem, and ran inside to where Mum was in the kitchen. She came dashing out and we arrived just in time to see the dirty kid from next door scaling the back fence. His father was yelling at him for being on our property, and I was yelling at him to never come back to our place again.

Anyone with a degree in dream analysis care to enlighten me?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's not as bad as it seems, I have a couple of theories. The first is that you feel trapped in the house and that damn bird is driving you nuts and you're secretly want decapitate it.
The second is that you're insane, have a strange fixation with birds and a latent foot fetish - you choose.

Unknown said...

Foot fetish, foot fetish

kilabyte said...

I've told you before, a chocolate eclair, half a custard tart and a slice of pizza before going to bed is not conducive to a good night's sleep.

signed - your psychologist