Tuesday, January 18, 2005

A Princess For Tea

It's weird that sometimes your subconscious can be so peaceful that the dreams you have not only make sense, they are actually good.
Last night I dreamed that I had dinner in Amsterdam with Crown Princess Mary and my friend Kate's dad. I don't know exactly what brought the 3 of us together for a meal, but there we were. The waitress was being bitchy to our table, and she hadn't recognised the Crown Princess at all, which was amusing. I was begging Mary (as I was allowed to call her) to let me tell the waitress who she was, but she laughed it away saying she was embarrassed. She was telling me how much she loved my new beaded purse, that Kate's dad had bought over from Australia for my birthday. Then all of us converged on the register to pay for our meal, and the paparazzi arrived. They were not allowed in the restaurant, so they had to press their noses & cameras up to the window and started clicking away. Mary was really humble about it all, but I was trying to scramble for lipstick and look my best, while at the same time give the impression that this sort of thing happened to me all the time.
The circumstances of the dream made no sense whatsoever, given that I don't make a habit of mixing with royalty - they're a bit thin on the ground Down Under. But who knows who I'll meet on the European journey!
In fact, there is a bet here at work that I'll come back in 12 months married, or at least engaged. I am still finding that prospect amusing, particularly as I know for a fact that Crown Prince Frederik is taken. Maybe I will befriend his wife over a quiet dinner in Amsterdam and be introduced around the Royal Court. Gotta work out how to ditch Kate's dad though hehe.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well it's no secret that I harbor desires to be part of a royal family (Russian, Danish, who cares) - but yes, Mr H appearing in the dream is hard to fathom....perhaps he represents the wine afficionado I wish to be? Practice makes perfect, as they say!

Parisienne said...

Not quite sure where to go with this one. I didn't realise Dad was acquainted with Mary. I would like to think he might start introducing me around the Court there if that was the case! So who excatly are the paparazzi in Gab's head then?