Sunday, January 30, 2005

Holy Blogbreak, Batman!

Now I know how true addicts feel. As I sit here at Andrea's, satisfying my blogging fetish, I feel like a smoker who is finally able to inhale the warm, sweet nicotine and feel it flow through the system so starved for it.

Oh blogland, how I have missed you. And now that I'm here - what to tell you? I have just enjoyed my first full week of holidays and I use the term "enjoyed" literally. I have sat in my pyjamas, drinking percolated coffee and reading book upon book. How fabulously decadent to immerse myself in Mr John Grisham, and Ms Whats-her-name who wrote probably the crappest book I've ever read. Still, you win some, you lose some. And if I had felt so strongly about it, I suppose I could have hoisted myself off the couch and consigned it to the dusty bottom of the bookshelf. Nah, too much energy would have been required for that.

My subconscious has been reeling all week with dreams of work. But I guess after 7 years in one workplace, that is to be expected. But dreaming that I'm tidying up my desk and no one was recognising me was a bit of an oddity. Perhaps the trickiest dream message of all to decipher was the bit where I opened my mouth to speak in protest for being ignored and no sound came out. So yes friends, that dream was definitely a nightmare. Speechless Gab - an impossible dream.

And as I stare the 2nd week of holidays in the face, I can look forward to another 7 days of reading books. This time, "Angels and Demons" by Mr Brown. No relation to my travel companion, I assume. No doubt Andrea would have owned up to such literary and familiar connections before now....

So this posting can at least attest to the fact that I am still alive, albeit living a relatively boring existence at home. And I've got another 3 weeks of this?! Crikey.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ahh Whats-her-name strikes again, I thought after the last time she was through but there's always a next time.

You need to train Barkley to be a better fetcher, start with small items - like your noisy bird - and then progress to large and trickier items for a dog to carry, coffee, cake and so on. If you can train him to bring you non masticated cake you know you've succeeded!!