Monday, December 06, 2004

Mental State: Questionable

I have gone to bed at 9pm the last two nights running - what is wrong with me? I don't sleep until 11.30pm, same as always, so why do I feel compelled to retire so early?
I think it's the weather. There is something wiggy going on outside in the early stages of December - first it's hot, then it rains, then I flake out. Beautiful. If I wanted this weather, I would live in Queensland, okay?
And then there's the anxiety that comes with not knowing the results of my Uni thesis. It nearly undid me mentally a few weeks ago, but I was able to forget about it for a few weeks. Now I'm starting to think that results will come out soon and my future will be known, more or less. And it's the same old thing - never sure how I went, even though at the time of submitting the document I was feeling alright. ARGH such indecision.
But on the upside, I started Christmas shopping for my friends and family yesterday. I braved the department stores with the blue haired women, and the demonic children with sticky fingers and Santa balloons. I even put some goods on lay-by, the first time I've done that since I was about 17.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, la la la.....

No comments: