Monday, November 22, 2004

I'm not nuts, I'm just busy

I read somewhere that insanity is just the mark of 'an accurate mind that is overtasked'. So I have it independently verified that I'm not crazy, just very busy. And also very tired.


Last night, or more accurately 'this morning', I got my thesis done. It is a touch over 10,000 words long, which is the longest uninterrupted diatribe I've ever engaged in.


And I'm not sure what happens now. Am I supposed to feel immense satisfaction, or relief? Am I supposed to be apprehensive that perhaps my thesis will not hit the mark? I had a dream the other night that my lecturer gave me feedback that my paper was "boring". I woke up feeling relaxed about that - after all, she could have said "crap". I can live with my writing being considered "boring"; perhaps I will be appreciated posthumously like all literary geniuses.


So now I guess I'm facing the next stage. But what is that? The next challenge for me is to learn Spanish with the crazy Ms Brown. Now that the "thesis from hell" is over, and I've exhausted all I know about English communication and cultural development, perhaps it's time to consider the way it's done in sunny Spain. Ahhh now that's what I'm talking about.

No comments: