Tuesday, October 26, 2004

You lose

I almost forgot to share the awful news...I was heinously outbid for several vintage items on ebay this week.
Readers of this column might remember I had wanted to bid on some "outrageous to glamorous" couture for the Environment Youth Art Prize award ceremony that we're having on Monday 1 November. On a browse through the ebay archive, I had found a terrifyingly bad (yet strangely appealing) purple velvet dress which I was going to buy for a whole $8.00 but was pipped at the post yesterday by some sad and callous creature with a taste for velvet dresses.
But I could deal with that. It's when I was also outbid for an emerald green Lisa Ho outfit ($25) AND the vintage embroidered blue skirt ($20) that my blood really started to boil. Why are there people out there who like what I like? Why can't people have their own taste and let me just win a bid once in a while?!
So I'm going to take goldie's advice and head to Harbour Town Adelaide, where the clothes are inexpensive, and where the fights for bargains are a little more fair.

No comments: