Monday, October 18, 2004

Old-fashioned romance

So I settled in (finally) to get my fix of Carrie & Co last night, having missed the last episode and fearing I'd be entirely out of it. But it didn't take me long to realise that Carrie & Petrovsky have started to get hot & heavy. I knew that was going to happen (being addicted to www.hbo.com as I was throughout the US screening of Season 6.

But when Petrovsky read Carrie poetry last night, and then bought her the Oscar De La Renta number she had been salivating over in the pages of Vogue, I had to cringe. Why was she letting him do that? I don't think I could bear it if my new boyfriend (underline NEW) bought me haute couture just because I said I liked it. Particuarly if I also knew that him reading me poetry made me feel icky. Where are her scruples? Okay I'll slide the soap box back into the cupboard and get over it.

Our beloved Hellraiser commenced a brave new chapter in her life yesterday and tendered her resignation. Bravo to you, darl, for the exciting decision and willingness to get out there and take the next challenge by the proverbial stones! I wish you all the very best for this new stage of life - and I know that your courageous dismount will see you landing on your feet, and being given a perfect 10.0 even from the tough Romanian judges :)

3 months and 2 days till I finish in this place myself - commencing countdown. 13 weeks of work left to go. COME ON YOU GOOD THING!!



No comments: