Friday, October 22, 2004

Oh, fair vanity!

Am looking forward to tonight's social adventure. I'm going to see "Vanity Fair" with my friend Groovy Gem, whose new home at the Adelaide Festival Centre is a source of great professional advancement (and free theatre tickets, do you mind).

Last night I actually found a dress to wear to the Environment Youth Art Prize award ceremony on 1 November hurray. I bid a whole $8 for it on ebay, so I am clearly the last of the big spenders. It is made of "shot velvet", which i think is a synonym for crushed velvet (which I normally hate), but who cares? The dress code for this affair is "outrageous to glamorous" so I am going to do something serious with crushed velvet and a feather boa. Silly.

Chris had a haircut. It is spikey. He is eating a milk coffee biscuit. This is how exciting our life is. About as bland as the biscuit, I'm afraid.

No comments: