Sunday, September 26, 2004

Where am I anyway?

The world really is a big, weird place - and this has become more obvious to me in the past few months, while I'm making the final plans for my overseas trip.

I have been poring over maps and brochures aplenty, and even though I'm expecting an itinerary to materialise, it eludes me with the turn of every page. Sometimes I think the world gets bigger as I go, just to spite me.

And everyone I ask has an opinion about where I should go, or where I shouldn't go which just serves to make me more confused. The best advice I have been given, I must say, is about not planning too much. By nature I am a planner, so leaving some part of my itinerary in the proverbial lap of the gods leaves me a little wiggy. But I am resigned to trusting the words of wise sages who've travelled the world before me, and leave some things up to chance.

First things first, I need to get myself to the travel agent and confirm my tickets. I leave Australia on 19 February and it is inching ever closer. How will I possibly leave this beautiful face behind though???



My baby boy Barkley, the best looking labradoodle around
Posted by Hello


No comments: