Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Feel the Burn

So here we are the day after pre-season training and I woke up this morning feeling fine. I was secretly just grateful to wake up, to be honest.

I stretched my legs out in bed and nothing seemed to ache or pinch. Feet on the floor, walking was not only possible but quite normal. I got ready for work without incident and even managed to strut on the way in – not hobble along in a hunched-over state, like I feared I would.

As the day has worn on though, my body has become increasingly sore. My legs are not happy, and when I try and flex my thigh muscles my vision blurs. Okay, that is overstating things somewhat, but you know what I mean. My back is also sore, but I think it has just gone out in sympathy with my legs. I have developed a headache but I think that’s just biological rebellion. I am so out of condition. Who signed me up to this running gimmick anyway? Oh yeah, me.

On the upside, the fact that my legs hurt surely suggests I used them properly last night. That’s got to count for something, right? I’m sure it does, but right now it hurts to think about it.

No comments: