Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Lay off the spicy food

I had a really unsettling dream last night, and it was enough to wake me up, which was an annoyance in itself.

My dream was chock-full of family members back home, about to undertake a camping trip to some really funny-sounding national parks in Australia.

In my dream, I watched my first and second cousins, pack huge deep-freezers full of camping provisions. They divided the tasks, having paired up to share camping tents and brave the Aussie outback.

As my cousins loaded toilet paper by the armload into the deep-freezer storage containers, I realised that I wasn't going with them. I wasn't paired with anyone, because I wasn't going on the camping trip. They loaded the freezers into the back of their minivan, took their seats inside, and I was left on the side of the road to wave goodbye.

And then I woke up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At $52 per hour I'll help you navigate through all of those insecurities .......... oh, and lay off the spicy food.

Anonymous said...

We would have sent you a postcard.

Anonymous said...

yeah its annoying when u are 9,927 miles from your family and the fun that they are having.