Thursday, July 12, 2007

At least I have my hair and my health

Me and Obi-Wan went out to a fabulous wine tasting event hosted by my friends at Just Grapes last night and we had a great time. There was even a beer tasting table, to help those traditionalists (aka the Beer & Barbie set) feel right at home.

Afterwards, we weren't quite ready to go home so we caught a cab to Corcoran's, a cute little Irish-type pub in Old Town - that I only just read serves bangers & mash. Why didn't I go for that last night? Sheesh.

But it was at Corcoran's that we met B, a very drunk man from Texas who was in the midst of something resembling an existential crisis. Or some sort of mid-life meltdown. And I don't think either me or Obi-Wan believed him when he said he was only 32. But if it helps him sleep at night, so be it. So the three of us sat at the bar and chatted or, more accurately, we wanted to chat and he leaned all over me to speak very intently to my gorgeous friend, Obi-Wan.

Now I am very committed to being a wingman for my friends but it was clear to me that Obi-Wan did not want to do anything with Mr Meltdown. But to any guys reading this, if you're out with 2 girls, and you want to put the moves on 1 of them, here's a tip for you:

Make friends with your lust object's wingman. She is your ally and her opinion of you counts for everything.

So last night when Mr Meltdown was laying it on thick and flattering Obi-Wan for her lovely face shape and delicate chin (all true of course), he turned to me and rather dismissively said, "and you have the hair".

Was that a compliment? "You're not gorgeous like your friend, but apparently you have hair on your head". Lovely observation...jackass.

Obi-Wan just rolled her eyes and he could tell his stock had fallen into the negative points. And of course looked to me to be his life saver. Uhhh, I don't think so. I had his best interests at heart at first, but after THAT little comment, neither of us were biting.

As a Leo, I'm well aware that my mane is supposed to be my pride and joy, but is the rest of me a train wreck?

It was at that point that I surrendered my wingman role and decided to let Mr Meltdown drown. But not before he paid for a few more drinks, naturally.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always thought your gams were OK.

Whizzinator said...

Not just males can acquire the whizzinator kits, yet females also can get the whizzinator kits for themselves on the web. The net is packed with quite a few platforms that offer whizzinator kits nevertheless determining the right platform is very tough for many folks. For people who are interested to whizzinator tips, a trusted website is here known as Whizzinator Depot that aids you to get the kits from the manufacturers.