Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Buy me some peanuts and crackerjacks


welcome to wrigley field
Originally uploaded by maura.

Jenn took me to the baseball tonight to make great use of her season passes and let me tell you, our seats were amazing! We were seated behind the Chicago Cubs dugout, just far enough back to avoid concussion in the event of any players hitting foul balls (and some did). I didn't catch any though - pity, cause I bet that would make me instantly cool.

Fortunately for us we were seated right next to an old guy who looked exactly like Mr Miyagi from "The Karate Kid" and his little Mini Me son, who would have been about 5 years old. The kid was so precious, all decked out in Cubs gear that I have never seen so small - who knew they made tiny baseball gloves like that. And his baseball cap? So cute - I swear it was Barbie-sized. As I said to Jenn, I would have gobbled the kid up, if I wasn't already stuffing my face with jumbo beers and a pathetic-looking (and terribly overpriced) hot dog.

So the Cubs ended up winning 3-2 and I know we played the team from Washington, but I don't know if it was Washington DC or Washington State. Me and Jenn talked the whole way through the game anyway, so perhaps it doesn't really matter in the long run.

This was my first game this season and we're due to go again in August just before Jenn's birthday; I can't wait. I do love it at Wrigley - the biggest bar in the world. The beer is expensive, and crappy, but everyone has a blast and I love that atmosphere. Even though it cost us $35 to park Jenn's car, it was worth it - it's a great way to celebrate making it to the middle of the week.

No comments: