Monday, December 11, 2006

Tis the season to be jolly


Merry Christmas...
Originally uploaded by TIO....

We had our work Christmas party yesterday and it was a typical Aussie family dinner. We had laughs, gossip, arguments, speeches, more arguments, and waaaay too much champagne to help us get through it.

What's an Aussie Christmas lunch without seafood, right? So the caterers brought out jumbo prawns and crab cakes, but we also had stir fry beef, a pasta dish, some refreshing salads and the piece de resistance was definitely the dessert. There was a platter of tiny cakes (including my favourite, mini lemon meringue pies), but there was also home-made plum pudding with brandy butter. Delicious!

So with a full stomach and a bit of concern that perhaps I'd drunk more than my quota of holiday champagne, I dashed off to meet my good friend Dr G at a nearby wine bar. My work mates came with me so it turned into a very big night, with lots more NZ sauvignon blanc being quaffed and I even scored a dance with Biggsy. There is no dance floor at the wine bar of course, but that didn't bother us. We were Uma Thurman and John Travolta and we had a ball.

But let me tell you, there is something instantly refreshing about chicken McNuggets at 11pm! Maybe that's what I get for hanging out with Dr G, who suggested that marvellous medicine. Bless her.

No comments: