Monday, December 04, 2006

Christmas - it grabs you by the baubles


Baubles *Merry Christmas*
Originally uploaded by Chris_J.

On my trip Downtown on Saturday night to capture footage for the Chicago DVD, I was reminded why I love shopping online. No crowds, you can do it in your underwear, and your purchases are delivered to you in ultra fun bubble wrap (2 gifts in 1 - hellooooo!).

The German Chriskindlmarket in Daley Plaza is beautiful though, and it was worth braving the cold just to get some of those cinnamon candied almonds I love so much. Hmm there's a thought. I wonder if Amazon.com stocks those....

But tonight I actually went to Michigan Avenue and shopped for my sister. Of course I browsed online first and determined exactly what I wanted, so I wouldn't have to deal with the uber irritating shop assistants (eternally happy Christmas elves, the lot of them). Sometimes I think the shop assistants are worse than my fellow shoppers. I said sometimes. Tonight's shop assistants took the cake for perpetual cheeriness and rosy-cheeked frustratingness. See, that's not even a word, that's how crazy they make me!

But all is not lost, people. Mental state still intact, and in an effort to stave off the bah-humbuggery, I downloaded some Christmas songs to my ipod. I figure if I blast some yuletide i-tunes through my headphones on the bus twice daily, perhaps some Christmas cheer will leak into my brain. Lexie hates it. I am going to secretly download some onto her ipod too cause I think she needs it more than me! After her tree-decorating efforts over the weekend, the girl could use some kind-hearted cheering. And there is no one better at that than me right now. Help us all.

No comments: