Friday, December 08, 2006

Hopping to it


Australian Ballet
Originally uploaded by Mr. Physics.

I am mentally packed for my big trip home next week, and that is probably half the battle won. Sure, I still need to buy some sneakers and a pair of jeans (though will I really get to wear them down there?!) but other than that, I'm set.

And I'm only going to be travelling with 2 carry-on suitcases (but of course I'll check those). Oooh and a backpack too, just in case all my luggage goes missing and I need a rapid-change outfit. See? I'm organised.

The real bummer is that I can't bring most of my make-up on the plane. I guess that guarantees that I will literally look like The Creature From The Black Lagoon when I finally do disembark in Adelaide. Ugh just the thought of my birds nest hair is enough to freak me out. At least I know the air quality in first class is exactly the same as in economy so I'd end up looking exactly the same no matter where I sat on the plane!

So while I daydream about how many pairs of socks I'll need, and whether my fake tan will hold up for the duration of my stay, I've still got one more week at work to go. Let the countdown begin.

No comments: