Wednesday, December 13, 2006

He looks innocent enough, but...


dirty preston
Originally uploaded by lexieraye.

Preston's instinct to bury things is really strong right now. Sometimes he buries his nose in pot plants (see image) and other times he's burying toys in blanket folds while we watch TV. And no one taught him how to do that - it's an involuntary impulse he picked up from his wolf ancestors or whatever.

But I got home last night to find that he'd buried our other roommate's Ritz crackers under my bedroom rug and - worse still - under my pillows, right next to my pyjamas! Were they a gift for me? A midnight snack perhaps? Uh, no. They were all his, and he vigorously defended them when I went to get changed and discovered his latest burial ground.

I am going home tonight to ransack my room lest more Ritz are stashed in as-yet-undetected spots, and a family of rats (or squirrels eeeek) move in while I'm in Australia. Something tells me that Preston would be no match for some cracker-hunting Chicago squirrels....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, the hunting instincts of his forbear the white wolf of the Arctic tundra runs through his little frame .... there would not be a woodchuck (or is that wood-duck??) safe anywhere with him of their trail .... the little cutey wooty fluff tail ....

Anonymous said...

haha aww how cute! He bought you Ritz presents.

And how can you get angry at a face all covered in pot plant dirt?!