Wednesday, October 18, 2006

What does it take to have nice stems?


her tights
Originally uploaded by kittynn.

So my stockings were bunching around my knees and ankles today in rather unflattering fashion. That was making me sad enough. But to top it all, the afternoon bus drove up to the bus stop, straight through a puddle, and unceremoniously splashed me. Jerk.

K and me were talking at work today about how hard it is to find cool opaque stockings in Chicago. We don't know what brands we like because Razzamatazz just doesn't exist here. Gone are the days when we could go to Woolies, straight to the type of tights we like, and scoop 4 pairs into the shopping basket. Now we have to review every brand, study each denier and fit, suss out the INGREDIENTS of the pantyhose just so we get something CLOSE to what we like. It's traumatic.

And that's how I chickened out at the last minute and bought a 'one size fits all' pair. You think I'd know that in terms of lingerie, NOTHING is one-size-fits-all, least of all stockings. And yet I marched up to the checkout to buy the stupid things. But I do reserve the right to whine about them bunching up and making me look like The Incredible Shrinking Woman. Unfortunately I drew attention to myself by continuing to hike them up AND try to walk down the street at the same time. Very 'Cirque du Soleil' of me. Dork.

3 comments:

glamah16 said...

I swear by the Hue brand. Available at May's etc. If they can fit my legs comfortably....

Anonymous said...

The "Swiss Family Gardner" is getting as "bad" as our Parisian Princess. Doesn't anyone work in this world anymore - other than me that is???? Pointless asking Reggie, she doesn't work either.

Unknown said...

Hey Hey - no fair, maybe it's because I'm working too hard - you know the whole 'all work and no play' adage - poor me, grinding my fingers to weary nubs and then abuse on other blogs - for shame!

Gab - droopy stockings .. is it better than no stockings and a skirt or worse?