Monday, October 02, 2006

Carvin' it up for Halloween


halloween choice
Originally uploaded by marcel.ws11.

I'm coming up for my 1 year anniversary in Chicago (on 6 October, for those of us who are counting), and rather than focussing on how to celebrate that milestone, I'm obsessing about Halloween.

Last year was my first spooky party and it was a blast. This year Lex's boss told her that the party was at our apartment - how very generous of him, right? But he's agreed to mix up a lethal punch, and Lex's work is abuzz with costume ideas in a virtual cacophany of creativity.

The pervading theme seems to be celebrities, and I've been asked if I want to go as Nicole Richie. There will be a Paris Hilton at the party, and Lex has already scored the Lindsay Lohan nod. So perhaps I should help complete the It Girl set, by scrounging the op shops for a Pucci-esque dress that is about 6 sizes too big, plus I've already got the blonde bob and oversized glasses. All that's missing is the cat-like eyeliner, the ballet flats, and the guant expression of one who is perpetually hungry and voila - all done.

And let's face it, perhaps given how Ms Richie is looking these days, it's about the most ghoulish costume anyone can come up with!

No comments: