Thursday, August 10, 2006

The 1km Challenge


FaLLing dreamS ..
Originally uploaded by AmeRiCiYa.
I went to the doctor the other day and because I'd never been to that clinic before, the nurse had to take a full medical history and that meant she had to measure and weigh me.

The results of that less-than-invasive procedure has given rise to what I'm terming my "1 Kilometre Challenge". That's right friends, I am only going to weigh myself again once I've swum 1000 metres. I suppose that will be a good gauge to know that my fitness regime, for what it's worth, is actually yielding some results.

So far, in two days, I've only managed 200 metres. But it's a 25 metre pool, so that's a pretty good start - right? Okay, don't say it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Go go water baby - you'll be there in no time. Don't forget that muscle weighs more than fat so if you stay stable or gain a little it's because you're so buff right now! Truuuuuuly

Anonymous said...

Phew!!! for an ugly minute there I thought you were going to say that you are 1 kilometre wide and so the challenge was for anyone who wanted to get around you, the walk would do them good.

Swimming is good .... just remember to go to the toilie before you get in.

Anonymous said...

Gab, I couldn't swim 25m without stopping half way along thinking I was going to drown!

I agree with you Reg - instead of weighing yourself Gab use a skirt, pair of pants or top you haven't worn for a while. Measure yourself every 1,000 km to see how much better you are fitting into it. Results will be more exicting!