Friday, July 07, 2006

Self-imposed exile is my kind of sentence

I am not in a good mood today, so perhaps this is not the best time to post. But there is something to be said for 'venting', so I've taken this opportunity to share some my gripes with you. Just suspend reality for two minutes, pretend you care, and ponder these rhetorical questions.

[Bear in mind that it's only 10.22am and all these questions are drawn from today's experiences.]

Why does the bus driver tell me that my transit card is inactive, AND still make me pay $2 for my bus journey, when the Chicago Transit Authority happily charges me $70+ per month to have the card in the first place?

Why does the US post office only put two women on the registers at 9am on a Friday when the line-up of customers is clearly out the door?

Why do pedestrians have to weave across the sidewalk, wander directly into my path, and then not apologise for nearly tripping me up?

Why is it impossible to order a coffee & two donuts from Dunkin' Donuts and still get the correct order?

Why do I have to be at work when it's such a beautiful day outside?

Why can't it be the weekend already, so I can put myself under house arrest and watch old movies for two days straight?

If you have given these questions even half as much consideration as I have this morning, you'll appreciate why it's impossible for me to concentrate on my job. So I think I'll just continue to stare out the window at the Chicago River. Sigh, blissful.

3 comments:

glamah16 said...

Beacause we must pay our dues. Thats the way the cookies crumble.

Anonymous said...

And becoz while they are all there picking on you they are leaving me alone here .....

Anonymous said...

It's nice to know that Rundle Mall isn't the only place you can go where people weave across the walkway and deliberately (yes, it's all on purpose)try to trip you up.

Wankers.