Friday, June 09, 2006

I'm not fat, I'm a gourmande


If you've been keeping up with my blog posts over the last two weeks, you should almost be convinced by now that all I do is eat and drink.  And you'd pretty much be right.  But trust me when I say that I am on the lookout for a detox health spa, and I have convinced myself of the merits of drinking wheatgrass shots for the next two weeks in order to clean out my system.

But in the mean time, I made a return visit to the Beer Bistro last night to catch up with my friendship circle, affectionately known as the United Nations of Chicago.  With the exception of Antarctica, all the continents of the globe were represented there last night, and our merriment proved that beer is the universal leveller and that the world's problems can really be settled over a pint.  I will make a point to raise this with Kofi Annan if ever our paths should cross.

I have a long weekend ahead of me (God Save The Queen) and me and the boys are going with Irene on the bus up to Milwaukee on Saturday to watch an AFL match.  It's an important game for the Chicago Sharks, so I'm keen to cheer the boys on, as they battle the Milwaukee Bombers.  Never having been to Milwaukee, I am also interested to generally sight-see.  I wonder if they'll have any "Happy Days" merchandise?  

But what I do know for a fact is that there will be cheese, given that it's Wisconsin, and most likely a lot of bratwurst and other German goodies, but my liver and kidneys are pleading for mercy.  So I'll content myself with a sample of the good old Aussie BBQ and a diet coke after the football game, and then roll myself back onto the bus for the return trip to Chicago on Saturday night.

No comments: