Monday, May 01, 2006

Stay in, the water's fine


Today's earlier post carried on about my endeavours to improve my social situation bla bla which we all know is just rubbish because I am now 28 and slowly shutting down.  So to get in practice for being a bed-ridden old fart, I placed myself under house arrest over the weekend and committed myself to two full days in tracksuit pants and ugg boots.

If it's been a while since you did that, I highly recommend it.  I did not want to spend any money either, so I spent two days making some fairly 'eclectic' meals from remnant fridge-dwellers and pantry staples.  I even defrosted something mysterious that fortunately turned out to be a chicken fillet covered in cajun spices, which went very well with my couscous that had been in my pantry since the turn of the century.  LAST century.

While the rain fell ceaslessly outside, in 48 hours I did two loads of laundry, watched countless horror movies in a televsied marathon (just how many people DID Jason Vorhees kill in the Halloween movies?!), and napped on and off.  What a fantastically indulgent weekend.  And even more luxurious when you consider that I did not put on proper shoes or makeup for two straight days.  Bliss.

And yes I know, you're all jealous - but Saturday is still a few days away yet.  So stock your pantry, get your DVD player serviced, and you'll be ready to go.  You won't regret it, trust me.



1 comment:

kilabyte said...

I don't know that you've quite scaled the heights, but you have at least taken a leaf out of da mommas book.