Friday, May 26, 2006

Friday's child is full of tequila


In the spirit of hospitality, the boys and I met Caroline for dinner and drinks at Cesar's, home to my favourite frosty margaritas in town.  After proudly proclaiming that I can easily drink one jumbo margarita and feel no effects, I pushed the envelope waaay too far and imbibed two of them.  Not a good idea.  I thought I was hallucinating the drag queen that was circulating with tequila shots after the meal, but it turns out she was 100% real.

So this morning I woke up fairly early after a really hot night for sleeping.  The weather hasn't got below 80 degrees during the day here this week and, as a result, the nights are quite uncomfortable for sleeping.  Gives me a great insight into how sticky things will be in summer without airconditioning in my apartment.  I might have to sleep with my feet hanging out the window.  But something tells me in a crazy place like Boys Town, that won't be so unusual.

Tonight after drinks at work, the boys and I are off to the Hancock Building to have a cocktail and behold the beautiful views over the City.  I will stay away from anything with tequila in it, but just until I stop seeing drag queens every time I close my eyes.

No comments: