Friday, April 28, 2006

It's a little bit jammy


I live 20 minutes away from Downtown by bus, and the commute is usually very smooth.  Travelling along Lakeshore Drive both ways affords me a fantastic and relaxing view of Lake Michigan, depending on which side of the bus I sit.

But last night there was a horrific roll-over accident on that beautiful stretch of road.  While I'm not sure what fate befell the hapless motorists (though I can just imagine), the traffic jam that resulted caused monstrous delays the likes of which I haven't seen since I arrived.  Even the really heavy snowstorm we had late last year did not disrupt traffic quite to this degree.

I jumped on my bus Downtown at 5.15pm last night, and did not get through my front door until 7.20pm.  Can you believe that?!  My bus got re-routed, which I thought was going to make things easier, but every other bus service had the same idea so we were all stuck in a convoy that moved at a snail's pace.

So clearly when I got home, I put the dog out to pee, and threw some jeans on and headed straight back down Broadway to Cesar's and met up with Lexie and her work colleagues for jugs of margarita.  A perfect antidote to a very stressful and long, drawn out commute.

No comments: