Monday, December 19, 2005

Eat and Be Merry


Gold Globe
Originally uploaded by Tiffany Ernst.
I had my work Christmas party at the Consul-General's residence yesterday afternoon, and it was really nice. We had a huge buffet with Australian wines to wash down all the delicious food.

It was freezing cold outside, but the fire raged in the fireplace and it just added to the Christmas feel.

Then after the lunch/early dinner, I headed to the ESPN Zone sports bar Downtown to watch the Bears play (football).

One of the girls with us knows a waiter at the bar, and he gave us free use of the VIP room, which normally costs $150 per hour to hire. So we were curled up on leather sofa chairs, in a soundproof room, with table service drinks and a waiter at our beck and call.

Seriously how the other half lives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee Gab, you seem to know all the good people - you know someone who gets you VIP rooms, you know someone who gets you free tickets to the theatre, you know someone who I'm sure knew a bartender who gave you free drinks...not bad.

As for your Christmas Party, I didn't hear mum talking on the phone asking to speak with a responsible, sober person so you must have been okay!! :)

Unknown said...

Chicago is a town like that though, from what I can tell. But it really is a "I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine" set up, so I really hope that no one realises I have nothing to offer.

If that happens, I'll be run out of this town!