Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Chicago's Social Scene


P7280044.JPG
Originally uploaded by herroyalmaj.

I have been quite the social butterfly this week, and it's only Tuesday.

I have already commented once before on this site that Chicago at Christmas time is ultra festive. Though there is always something to do here, this seems to be extra true during the Silly Season.

Last night I went and saw another Marilyn movie (very cool); tonight I'm going to a farewell party for a guy from work and then going to see "Hairspray" with Lexie; tomorrow night I'm seeing a Shakespeare play at Navy Pier; Thursday I've got free tickets to the the movies to see a new film about an Irish transvestite; and then Friday I'm going clothes shopping with Melissa.

I am tired just writing about all that!

But I have to tell you, sitting inside warm theatres, restaurants, and cinemas is about all that is worth doing at night times if you ask me. The night time chill is a bit nuts right now and the wind has found a way of smacking me in the face even though I have my furry hood on AND a scarf wrapped around my mouth. Go figure!

If I find I'm up to getting out and about, I need only refer to a weekly periodical that I have subscribed to, called "Time Out Chicago". Delivered right to my mailbox at home, the magazine gives me great ideas to build a week of fun and games, so I never have to stay home and be bored. So I get to rug up, and step out. And not slip up.

So if I keep referring to Time Out (which has not led me astray thus far), at least for the foreseeable future anyway I hope that this blog brings you just that bit closer to my big, weird world of Chicago nightlife.

[This all implies I don't get stuck in a 10cm snowdrift that is scheduled to fall tomorrow. My boss joked today that I should wear a hat with a large flagpole and Aussie flag on the top - just in case they need to find me. Sicko]

No comments: